Do you want to automatically delete Deleted Items in Outlook/Exchange or delete any type of mail over a certain age?
You can use Mailbox Manager to create a recipient policy to automatically delete all messages from users Deleted Items folder, at an interval you specify.To create a policy to delete forwarded messages
- Open Exchange System Manager in the Exchange organization in which the journaling mailbox resides.
- Expand the Recipients folder.
- Right-click the Recipient Policies folder, point to New, and then click Recipient Policy.
- In the New Policy dialog box, select Mailbox Manager Settings, and then click OK.
- In the Properties dialog box, on the General tab, do the following:
a. In the Name box, enter a policy name.
b. Under Filter rules, click Modify.
- In the Find Exchange Recipients box, create a search query that will return all your users or certain users/mail boxes you want affected.
- When you finish building the query, click OK.
- In the message that appears, click OK.
- Click the Mailbox Manager Settings (Policy) tab, and then do the following:
a. In the When processing a mailbox drop-down menu, select Delete Immediately.
b. In the Folder list, clear all folders except the Deleted Items folder.
c. Select Deleted Items, and then click Edit.
d. In the Folder Retention Settings dialog box, specify the criteria by which you want Exchange Server to
delete the messages. You can specify a number of days or the total size of the deleted messages. For
- Click OK.
- Click OK to close the Properties dialog box and return to the main Exchange System Manager window.
- In the pane on the left, open the Recipient Policies folder to list all the policies.
- In the pane of the left, right-click the policy that you just created, and then click
Apply this policy now > Yes.
Now that you’ve created a policy, you must schedule when the policy will run.
To schedule Mailbox Manager to run policies
- Open Exchange System Manager and locate the server that is hosting mailarchive.
- Right-click the server, and then click Properties.
- In the server Properties dialog box, click the Mailbox Management tab.
- In the Start mailbox management process drop-down list, select a schedule appropriate for your
- organization. For example, “Run Sunday at Midnight”.
Enable reporting if you wish, you can select None, email the system administrator or email affected users.
- Click OK.